Buy Lasix Online
Active Ingredient: Furosemide
Lasix refers to drugs with a diuretic effect. Most often it is used in the treatment of heart failure, impaired renal function, as well as hypertension.
What is Lasix
Lasix belongs to the group of diuretics, differs in speed and has pronounced therapeutic properties. The drug is a sulfonamide derivative. As a result of its intake, the transportation system of sodium and chlorine ions is blocked in the thick section of the ascending knee of the Henle loop. Based on this, the amount of the drug entering the lumen of the renal tubules directly affects the strength of the therapeutic effect.
When used, the drug also has other therapeutic effects. So, it contributes to an increase in potassium production in the distal segments of the renal tubule and the volume of urine excreted.
A feature of the drug is that during administration throughout the course it does not reduce effectiveness. When using the drug in the treatment of heart failure, it already on the first day of treatment reduces the load and at the same time pressure in the pulmonary artery and left ventricle.
Lasix also has a hypotensive effect, which manifests itself in an increase in sodium excretion, a decrease in the amount of circulating blood and a smooth muscle reaction.
Besides the fact that Lasix is a diuretic, it also has diuretic properties, which allows it to be rapidly absorbed from the digestive tract. In the human body, its bioavailability can be different and reach 30%. This is explained by the fact that it can change under the influence of various factors, including the underlying disease.
Other features include Lasix’s ability to bind well to plasma proteins. It is excreted from the body in full with the help of the kidneys and intestines.
You also need to pay attention to the fact that the active component of the drug furosemide has excellent penetrating properties that allow it to pass through the placental barrier. Moreover, in this case, it is excreted from the body with breast milk.
Lasix indications for use
Before you start taking Lasix or its analogue, you need to find out about the main diseases in which it can be used. According to the instructions and reviews, this medicine can be prescribed in the following conditions:
- as a means to maintain forced diuresis in case of poisoning with chemicals that are excreted from the body in full through the kidneys;
- edema, which is often accompanied by liver disease;
- arterial hypertension;
- edema that occurs with the development of nephrotic syndrome;
- acute renal failure;
- hypertensive crisis;
- edema that occurs with the development of renal failure;
- cerebral edema;
- edema that develops with heart failure.
We should not forget that Lasix, like other drugs, has its contraindications for use. The instructions describe the following conditions in which it is forbidden to prescribe this drug for treatment:
- hypersensitivity to the active component of furosemide;
- allergic manifestations to the components of the drug;
- increased central venous pressure;
- age younger than 3 years;
- stenosis of the decompensated mitral and aortic type, as well as cardiomyopathy in hypertrophic obstructive form;
- severe violations of the outflow of urine;
- lactation period; dehydration or hypovolemia;
- acute hypokalemia;
- severe glomerulonephritis;
- hepatic precoma and coma;
- digital intoxication;
- renal failure occurring with anuria;
- acute hyponatremia.
Lasix tablets: instructions for use
The general rule when using the pills is that they are taken in their entirety necessarily before meals. It is necessary to conduct drug treatment in minimal doses, which in most cases is enough to achieve the desired positive effect.
For adult patients, the drug is prescribed with a dosage of not more than 1500 mg per day. If the drug was prescribed for the treatment of children, then for them, when calculating the dosage, the patient’s body weight is taken into account. When determining the dose, they are guided by the following rule – for each kilogram of body weight they take 2 mg of the drug, while the daily dosage should not exceed 40 mg.
The duration of treatment is determined by the doctor, taking into account the patient’s condition, as well as the nature of the course of the disease.
Special recommendations for the use of the medicine
Before the drug Lasix or its analogue is prescribed to the patient, the doctor must make sure that the patient does not have a pronounced violation of the outflow of urine.
Directly while taking the drug, it is important to ensure constant monitoring of serum levels of creatinine, sodium and potassium.
While taking Lasix tablets or its analogue, it is useful to increase the content of potassium-rich foods in the diet. Some patients may be additionally prescribed potassium-sparing drugs.
In the case of the diuretic drug Lasix or its analogue, however, as with any other medicines, it must be remembered that you can take them for weight loss or for other purposes only as directed by a doctor. The reason for this is the presence of many adverse reactions in this medication. Among them, the main ones are the following:
- aplastic anemia, thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis;
- photosensitivity polymorphic erythema, exfoliative dermatitis, pruritus, interstitial nephritis;
- nephrotic syndrome, constipation, complete loss or impairment of hearing, diarrhea;
- decreased potency, vomiting and nausea, hematuria;
- increased serum indices of triglycerides and cholesterol, decreased glucose susceptibility, dizziness;
- metabolic alkalosis, hypocalcemia, hypochloremia, hypomagnesemia;
- a feeling of dry mouth, weakness, dyspeptic disorders, drowsiness;
- convulsive syndrome, confused consciousness, muscle weakness, headaches.
Lasix is a proven drug that not only specialists are well aware of, but also many patients who often suffer from edema. This is precisely the main indication for the prescription of this drug. However, it must be borne in mind that not all patients may be prescribed this drug. The reason for this is the fact that Lasix has many contraindications and side effects that it can cause in some categories of patients. That is why the use of this tool is necessary only as directed by the attending physician.